Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ABC Wednesday > W is for Wool


My wife and I get our eggs from Taylor at Paradise Island Farm. And lately we've been getting some of the woolen goods as well, including a pair of handmade felted alpaca wool slippers that are without a doubt, the warmest thing I've ever put on my perpetually cold feet. Like wearing a sleeping bag.

Every tourist that comes to Gabriola snaps a pic or two of these beautiful animals (the farm is right on a main road) but probably not with black and white film in a 50-year-old camera.

Global ABC

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I've been told alpacas are better tempered than llamas, FWIW.
nice shot.

Leif Hagen said...

Lovely, wooly creatures! I wonder if they sell yarn there, too?! I'd snap a few photos of those guys, too!

Jay said...

They always look so comical, like all camelids! Interesting about the warmth of their wool .. I may have to buy some alpaca slippers for my perpetually cold husband!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week!