Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ABC Wednesday > F is for Fiddler




Sarah Tradewell is one of BC's bright and shining young music stars and she was on Gabriola yesterday doing some recording and hanging out with her family. There's a very cool story about how we got to know Sarah which you can read here. Our meeting was a direct result of these photos, posted by Benjamin Madison on his Victoria Daily Photo blog.

Check out her website to get a taste of her talent and if you're in this part of the world, I strongly suggest you go hear Sarah in person. Her fiddling will make your day.

Click here for ABC Wednesday global headquarters

7 comments:

John said...

Nice shot. Just had a listen to her music on her site, it's like being in the Abbey Tavern in Dublin with a plate of Dublin Bay prawns and a pint of the black stuff. Nice.

photowannabe said...

Really nice and I do love this shot. Very winsome.

Virginia said...

Oh I do love me some good fiddlin'. Can't wait to see Sarah's links.

BTW Snap, Santa came today and it's Christmas morning at Chez Virg!!! Oh I can't wait to put that new baby on my camera and have a go at it. I have two great projects coming up that I will have to email you about. Yippeee!

My WV is ZINGSO, has a nice ring to it doesn't it!

Bob Crowe said...

I really like this photo. It has a wistful, melancholy feeling. Why a violin on the rugged shore, looking out onto an empty expanse of water?

Jay said...

What a cool story! And I do love her playing - I'm very fond of fiddle music. I have a couple of Aly Bain CDs which I'm very fond of, and I tried to learn once with limited success. I seemed to be sensitive to the rosin. :(

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

Roger Owen Green said...

Fine photo and nice story.

AB said...

Great idea for a composition, great shot.