Friday, August 29, 2008

South Road


Obviously, this isn't sharp, not even close. It was in the trash but before deleting it, I looked again and really liked the colours. So I cropped and resized it, leaving the colour, contrast and brightness unmanipulated. Darned if I didn't still like it (in a "painterly" sort of way) so here it is. Doesn't even really look like a photograph and it's definitely far removed from my usual fare but this whole week has been about stretching and taking chances so what the heck?

5 comments:

Virginia said...

You can't beat a gorgeous sunset. You have done a grand job bustin out of your BW box!!! Made me think about it all more as well.

Profile Not Available said...

Oh! This is beautiful! I can't get over all of the colors! Really, really well done!

Julie said...

What I like it that whatever processing you have applied, it has not stretched the sunset over the complete sky as I see on so many posts.

Funny that for a colour image, it is the black doing most of the work.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I posted a similar sunset for friday, one from the reject pile too. I always like to have something silhouetted against the vibrant colours. The black here adds weight, balance and interest. It certainly underpins the colour theme you've had this week.

Victor said...

Thanks Babooshka and everyone. I didn't feel so hot about this picture but it's water under the bridge now anyway. Onward and upward!